Dental veneers are used to increase appearance of chipped teeth. These are custom made tooth colored wafer thin shells which are bonded to cover the teeth front surface. They are also called Porcelain veneers.
Dental veneers can be made from the following:
Resin Composite Materials OR Porcelain Veneers.
1. Higher Stain Resistance
2. Higher Light Reflection
Reasons for discoloration of the tooth:
Root canal treatment.
Stains from drugs such as Tetracycline
Presences of large resin fillings.
What Types of Problems Do Dental Veneers Fix?
Veneers are routinely used to fix:
- Teeth that are discolored ? Either because of root canal treatment; stains from
tetracycline or other drugs, excessive fluoride or other causes; or the presence of
large resin fillings that have discolored the tooth
- Teeth that are worn down
- Teeth that are chipped or broken
- Teeth that are misaligned, uneven, or irregularly shaped (for example, have craters or
bulges in them)
- Teeth with gaps between them (to close the space between these teeth)
Veneers offer the following advantages:
- Provide a natural tooth appearance.
- Porcelain liaises well with Gum tissues
- Porcelain veneers are stain resistant.
- The color of a porcelain veneer can be selected.
- Veneers offer a conservative approach to changing a tooth's color and shape
- Veneers generally don't require the extensive shaping prior to the procedure. Stronger and esthetic value.
Do Dental Veneers Require Special Care?
No. Continue to follow good oral hygiene practices including brushing and flossing as you normally would.
What's the Procedure for Getting a Porcelain Veneer?
Two trips are required with the dentist.
The procedure involves:
It is important to note that one tooth or many teeth can simultaneously undergo the veneering process described below.
- Diagnosis and treatment planning. This first step involves active participation between you and our cosmetic dentist. Explain to your dentist the result that you are trying to achieve. During this appointment with the dentist and examination your teeth to make sure dental veneers are appropriate for you and discuss what the procedure will involve and some of its limitations. We also may take X-rays and Impression are required in some cases.
- Preparation of the Teeth We will remove about 0.5-1.0 millimeter of enamel from the tooth surface, which is an amount nearly equal to the thickness of the veneer to be added to the tooth surface. The procedures before trimming off the enamel, We will decide the need for a local anesthetic is used to numb the area. Make a model or impression of your teeth. This model is sent out to our in-house dental laboratory, which in turn constructs your veneer. Takes 5-7 days in this process. For very unsightly teeth, temporary dental veneers can be placed for no additional cost.
- Bonding. Matching the veneer with the tooth color before the dental veneer is permanently cemented to your tooth; we will temporarily place it on your tooth to examine its fit and color. We will repeatedly remove and trim the veneer till it’s properly fit. The color of the veneer can be adjusted with the shade of cement to be used. To prepare your tooth to receive the veneer, your tooth will be cleaned and polished which will prepare the surface for bonding. Special cement is applied to the veneer and the veneer is then placed on your tooth. Finally we will apply a special light beam to the dental veneer, which activates chemicals in the cement to harden and the veneer to hold on to the tooth. The final steps involve removing any excess cement, evaluating your bite and making any final adjustments in the veneer as necessary
Our Smile Makeover
"INSTANT ORTHO PROGRAM"
my treatment was world-class and loved the service and help from staff Enjoyed the modern clinic.
Read More, Ray G.
ทุกครั้งที่เข้ามารับบริการ จะรู้สึกได้เลยว่าคุณหมอและพนักงานทุกท่านจะยิ้ม ต้อนรับเสมอ สถานที่ก็สะอาด ดูอบอุ่น
Read More, คุณจงจิตต์ / Thailand
I have just returned home after a very memorable visit. I am so impressed and very pleased with your "Bangkok Smile"
Read More, David Coyne/Australia
Thank you very much for the excellent service, which was very professional. Excellent communication about the problems arising during the treatment.
Read More, Robert Morris / USA
© 2016 DENTAL BANGKOK IN THAILAND. All rights reserved | Bangkok